My social media goals for the week are centered on gaining followers and getting those followers to visit this site.
It is important to get traffic from diversified sources. I continue to work on this every week. I like to get traffic from social media as it is free and plentiful. To some extent sharing content to these sites can be automated or take very little time, which is a huge bonus.
In this post we will explore the status of social media marketing for this site. I started this blog three months ago and it is still just an infant. Goal setting and accountability is a good idea to incorporate into your work efforts. Every week starting with the next one I will go over the results of my efforts on achieving all the goals for the week. I will also set new goals and include techniques on how to get there.
I like the regularity of a reoccurring post and focus on developing and refining different tactics each week to keep pushing growth and increase visits. This way we can maximize our traffic from all social media sources. Comment below with your social media account and I will follow your efforts as well.
My weekly goals are as follows:
- Grow membership in one of the groups I admin How to earn money online from 22,433 to 22,750. I control the pinned post for the group and the description. Growing this group into one of the biggest in its niche is a long-term goal. Right now I am not marketing the group in any special way, this growth is all automatic through someone seeing their friend joining, suggested groups, and someone searching for groups to join. I screen each member joining personally to help keep the spam to a minimum. That being said, I am happy with up to 50 people accepted into the group each day. Any more than that takes a little more time than I’d like to devote to the task.
- Grow one of the pages I admin Free online earning opportunities from 870 likes to 900 likes. This page was created last year and is just starting to get organic search traffic from google (about one visit a day). I’d like to see how much we can get that traffic to grow so gaining genuine likes on the page is crucial. I never pay for them or trade them.
- Increase likes on a new page I admin Exploring online opportunities from 10 to 20 this week. I started the page just over a week ago. It will automatically post anything the website posts. Then my post scheduling software automatically shares the post from the page into relevant groups. Getting this page off the ground is a priority in my Facebook strategy. All new likes are coming from the shared posts.
- Increase my twitter followers from 37 to 70. I just opened this account about a week ago so I have my social media automation software making it easy to build momentum from the start on this platform.
- Double blog visitors from twitter. The purpose of the twitter account is gaining blog visitors. From the 3 we got this week I’d like to see that grow to 6 for next week. I will continue devoting energy into keeping this number going up every week.
- I just discovered this site last week as well. I will be linking to this site at least once a day and evaluating how valuable this traffic turns out to be.
- The goal here is to get our blog visitors from this site to increase from 209 this week to 250 or possibly much more next week.
- I have been using Reddit here and there to funnel traffic for two months. But not lately. I will start a thread or comment on an existing thread every day in my niche.
- The site got 4 visitors from Reddit last week. By staying active daily on the site my goal is 25 site visits for the week here.
- I have had limited success in the past using Pinterest to drive traffic. I will pin to at least two boards a day all week. This should increase blog visitors from 3 last week to 10 this week.
- With the help of my social media automation software my goal is to increase followers from 919 to 950 in a week. More followers equals more exposure to your pins. Pinterest will continue to get attention to see how fast we can grow those blog visits from this popular site.
This is my first week keeping track of social media so closely. In the future I’d like to include some other social media sources on the weekly goal list. Google + and Exchangle are two I will be including next week. Of course the ultimate goal of all efforts on social media is to get blog visitors.
This week we have the goal of increasing our total traffic from all social media sources go from 372 to 466.
This would be a 25% increase week over week.
My long-term goals for social media is to have weekly blog visits up to 1500 a week by the end of this year.
Blog visits from all social media week of 7/24/16 : 372
Goal for visits from all social media next week : 466
Goal for weekly social media visits by 12/31/16 : 1500
Notice all of my efforts to increase my social media presence is all free with the exception of my social media post scheduling software. I spend $1.34 a week to have this software working hard for me. It is called MassPlanner. I spend around an hour a week actually using the software and I would guess it does for me what I would have to spend up to 40 hours to accomplish myself.
Basically, having this software working for me is like having a full-time employee devoted to sharing my blog on social media for $1.34 a week. It is the backbone of my social media strategy and I am a proud affiliate of MassPlanner based on my results from using it.
This post focused on goals for captivating an audience from social media and bringing them to our site. Remember and focus on the four C’s of blogging for money.
- CONTENT – Show the reader something they might value.
- CONSISTENT – Publish new content every day. This is key for growth.
- CAPTIVATE – Spend time finding readers and connecting to them.
- CASH IN – monetize your blog and find bigger revenue streams.
What are your goals on social media this week? Are you driving traffic from another social media source you’d like to share? Leave a comment and a way to follow your activity on social media below.
Be sure to subscribe to this blog so you can hear about the results of my efforts and a whole new set of weekly targets to hit. Explore social media marketing for tips and techniques to help you share your blog with the world today.