Last week my blogging goals all involved social media. I had mixed results with my goals but overall kept moving forward at a good pace with progress. We increased visitors to the blog by quite a few and this was the overall goal for the week.
Some of this week’s goals involve social media but not all. Other goals involve SEO improvements, content creation, starting our mail list, an Amazon surge and getting more personal with potential customers.
We had 11 specific goals for last week and one overall goal.
I hit 5 out of 11 specific blogging goals last week.
The overall impact from the week’s goals was to increase social media traffic to the blog.
We had a great week for social media visits to the blog!
Last weeks traffic goal – increase social media visits from 372 to 466
Actual visits were 564
Overall goal results = 204% to GOAL!
Increasing social media visits from 372 to 564 in a week is more than I was expecting.
Facebook – I did not meet any of the three specific goals for Facebook last week.
- Increase the group membership for How to earn money online from 22,433 to 22,750. Membership did increase, but to just 22,601. While I fell short of the goal, constant increases in the size of this group is a long term goal and will continue.
- Grow the page Free Online Earning Opportunities from 870 to 900 likes. We ended at 886. Not to goal, but positive numbers nonetheless.
- Increase likes of the page Exploring Online Opportunities from 10 to 20. We got three more likes for the week for a total of 13. I shared blog posts to this page and then posted the share to groups. I did not market this group on its own.
Twitter – I had mixed success with my Twitter goals this week.
- Increase followers from 37 to 70. We ended the week at 76. This was great progress and with the help of my social media automation software we should be over 100 followers soon.
- Increase blog visitors from 3 to 6. We had just one visitor for the week. I only posted once to Twitter for the week so this is understandable.
StumbleUpon – I nailed both my goals for this site last week.
- I linked to StumbleUpon from this site six days last week. This was my goal.
- We wanted to increase blog visitors from this site from 209 to 250. We got 321 visitors for the week so a great increase. This site is a great way to get visits to the blog.
Reddit – I continue to struggle finding ways to use Reddit for the blog.
- Start a thread or comment every day. I commented two days last week. I’m not sure Reddit is worth my time.
- Increase blogs visits from Reddit from 4 to 25. We got just 3 visitors. Not much activity means not many visitors.
Pinterest – Pinterest growth is on track. But we have not been able to take advantage of it yet.
- Increase followers from 919 to 950. We ended the week at 964. My social media automation software makes it easy to get followers on this platform.
- Pin every day and increase blog visits from 3 to 10 for the week. Well, I only posted two days to Pinterest and it showed. We only got 3 visitors to the blog again this week. I need to find a way to pin regularly without new blog content available to post.
So to wrap up last week’s results, we hit some but not all of our specific goals. The goals we did meet were important and did help us exceed our overall goal of increasing blog visitors from social media by 25%. We ended up increasing this number by over 50%.
Thank you for following our progress. Check out these other great articles.